Ok, I'm convinced that my body just can't adjust to pregnancy. I know some women at 33 weeks who feel pretty good, and I feel like complete crap 24/7.
I did some soul searching, and here is the best way to describe how I feel in my third trimester:
*The day after a rugby game (or getting beaten up, as I would imagine it to feel), AND
*A MLB pitcher hitting you with a 90mph ball in the front and back ribs, AND
*Glass shards all along your lower pelvic region ligaments, AND
*A watermelon stitched into your lower abdomen, pulling everything forward (and down), AND
*Your lower back being hooked up to an electric shock machine that sends spasms to that area
*Feeling like you just did a Man vs Food Challenge of eating 500 hamburgers..to the point it feels like your belly will truly explode....and yet that feeling never goes away.
And that's just the beginning. Can I get an amen?
I'm 33 and a half weeks today. I totally count the "half" now. :)
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Third Trimester = good times
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
AMEN. I was in SUCH misery the third trimester. I was really bad at bed rest, but it was such a relief and so needed. And STILL I found myself wondering how I'd make it another day, let alone weeks, or a month+ (which, of course, I didn't, but that's not the point).
That didn't make me any less thankful.
And, god's honest truth, less than 24 hours after giving birth, I was ready to go through that hell again. I can't wait, actually. Crazy shit, these bodies of ours.
wow!! i cant wait to have my 1st trimester. lol
I was a woddling mess in 3rd trimester and My water breaking at 36 weeks was a god-send. I was sleeping on the couch becuase a bed was not comfortable, going to the chiropractor weekly for adjustment for my back and having heart burn so bad I thought there was permenant damage! But, like N said, I was ready to start over- crazy, huh! I honestly miss being pregnant! And no, I am not smoking crack. :)
aw, i'm sorry :( i totally know the rugby feeling. not cool. i really do hope you feel better soon and not have to wait for the birth.
Sadly, you're not alone. For a lot of people, this is just how pregnancy is. Personally, I don't do pregnancy well and after my daughter, ended up in PT for a while for what was left of my knees and shoulders. I was unable to stan on one foot because it felt like my pelvis was going to snap apart. I could turn over in bed without searing pains in my pelvis.
As opposed to the others though - I was happy to not be pregnant anymore. My daughter was beautiful, but it took me a while to be able to climb steps or stand up from a seated position without pain and it was hard for me to be willing to do that again. Additionally, I had the pleasure of multiple first trimesters, so I did 3 of those before my son decided to sick around. I feel for you, I really do.
woah - that sounds really scary! I am early in the first tri and I just feel exhausted. I am hoping for some relief at some point but maybe i'm a dreamer!
Hope you get some relief soon!
I remember just thinking that "I can't wait to get this baby out so the acid reflux stops!!"
This is the home stretch now! It's funny how the last trimester can get really uncomfortable, but you quickly forget that (and labor) once the adorable little baby gets here!
Post a Comment