Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Little TTC'er Who Could...

Day 4 into the 2WW. So far, so good. I really try not to get too worked up during this time. If I put some big calendar on the wall, and x'd out each day of the 2WW, I'd go crazy. I've restarted the progesterone, and the side effects are so annoying. I am so bloated, gassy, lethargic and in-and-out bitchy. I can't stop tooting, and my stomach is bulging out. (I already have a beer belly!) So tired, I can barely walk up the stairs to our front door.

Still, plugging along through the 2WW. I'm really hoping it happens this month. May's gotta be big! Every 10 minutes, I try to imagine where the egg is right now. I'm trying to believe it's fertilized, so now it's a matter of reaching my ute and attaching to the wall. I hope my daily Starbucks doesn't hurt my chances. I tried going without, and get bad migraines. I have no choice but to drink my tall SBUX every morning.

I've started acupunture! Today is my 3rd treatment. Hurts more than I remember. Right now I'm mostly being treated for back aches/headaches, but today I may have him do some fertility stuff.

Tonight I attempt to hit the gym. Semi light workout - maybe 40 min on the treadmill, and some very light lifting. (or should I skip lifting altogether?)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Every 10 minutes, I try to imagine where the egg is right now." Me too. It makes me crazy. At yoga tonight I couldn't take my mind off of my uterus. At least I was focused on something.

I'm 7 and 8 days post-IUIs and hoping your little swimmers are doing what my little swimmers did a couple of days ago (that is, fertilize!)

Anonymous said...

P.S. I have a 31 day cycle so we'll be taking our tests at the same time! Do you test early? I did last month and promised myself not to this month.

evangeline said...

i'm x-ing off days for you so that you don't have to hahaha.

i love how motivated to go to the gym you are during progesterone hell.

keep us posted.

xo

Stacey said...

coffee wont do too much, i did the same thing, convinced our luck was out... and i was preg! hahaha.... I was worried so did some reserach in medical journals, and most recently they say no more than 3 a day is ok.... just try to limit it as MUCH as possible, because there sure is a correlation between fertility and caffine, and "they" just dont know how much... but a little is ok... no stress

Anonymous said...

Oh exciting! Come on May!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed love. The tww is such hell. Like you, I second guess a lot of my choices that probably make no difference. Hope it goes by quickly! All crossed for you. xo

Pufferfish said...

I, too, suffer from migraines and get wicked headaches from caffeine withdrawal. And that's only from one Espresso Cappucino a day! It's not like I'm drinking the stuff all day long.

Nevertheless, I detoxed two weeks before my first IUI. It was SO hard and I had constant headaches for almost two weeks, plus lack of energy.

But I made it and have stayed that way. Now, I 'allow' myself one caf drink at every negative and it feels so delicious and decadent!

My RE said it was fine for me to drink it, but my acupuncturist said I should quit.

I'm sure you are totally fine otherwise the entire countries of French and Italy would never have any babies!!

Anonymous said...

The TWW is insane. I found it very difficult!!!!!!! I'm hoping the rest of the days fly by for you. Man, I hope this is it!! xo

Casey from LifewithRoozle.com said...

I am at day 4 now too!

Good luck!