Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 5, 2008

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

Hey all,

I usually post more frequently, but I'm finding I don't have much to blog about during AF's visit.

Insurance Update:
Thanks to everyone who backed me up on this! My insurance decided not to cover my fertility claims. It's been over a week of endless phone calls. They first said my doctor is not with Aetna PPO. The clinic confirmed that yes, she is with Aetna PPO. So then Aetna said she's not in their system. My clinic said they've submitted my doctor's profile repeatedly to Aetna since last September, and they still haven't updated it. I got my HR person to put pressure on Aetna. EVERYONE agreed that Aetna was just trying to find any excuse not to cover me.

My HR person told me today that Aetna claims my doctor has not yet been accredited in this county. (Doc moved here from Boston last year). I called the clinic, and they said her accreditation paperwork was submitted...but that they always submit my claims under the clinic's tax id#, so there is NO reason they should be denying my claims.

Long story short, Aetna sucks.


Cycle #2:
I started AF yesterday. This is the period from hell. (Warning: TMI coming) I am filling up super tampons every hour, and STILL ruining my clothes, if you know what I mean. I'm using 4x more tampons per day than usual. I think it's because of the progesterone, and how it filled up my uterine lining. I swear, I am going to need a blood transfusion if this keeps up. ;) I'm still horribly bloated and 5-7lbs heavier than I was a month ago. I made a mid-cycle ultrasound appointment for next Thursday, and plan on getting the trigger shot. I'm going to make B give me the shot. We may have to get the IUI on my cousin's wedding day.


Cooking:
I've taken up baking and cooking. (Hmm, maybe why I'm gaining weight) Today I made chili from scratch, as well as Irish soda bread. They both came out delicious!


Other than that, we finished priming our ceilings, and will be painting them an off-white next weekend. Busy busy!

Hope everyone is doing well. xx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear from you. I'm sorry for all the headache causing ness, and hope things ease up soon. You're such a great example of picking up and getting set for the next cycle. I hope this will be it!!

evangeline said...

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i'm so mad at aetna............. grrrrrrrrrrrr

i LOVED your second comment the other day! hahahaha. i was so wishing i was having a beer with you!

you seem to be in good spirits. mmmmmmmmm chili. chili AND beer are my favs.

:)

Pufferfish said...

Once again our lives are crossing...we just finished having the apt painted and I believe you and I may both be doing IUI's on the same day this month.
Count em down...
And keep up the spirits (both mental and in your case..hops)!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the insurance. Gosh, that bites.....Well, know that I'm all hopes for you this cycle. That BFP is close. I know it! Keep updating us all!!! And PS, I saw BABYMAMA last week too - so freaking hilarious. K and I laughed the whole way through!

bleu said...

I LOVE soda bread. Post your recipe, seriously. Even though I cannot have any breads right now I love collecting recipes. I love it with lots of caraway seeds. yummmmm