
Well, it's Day 2 on Femara. Symptoms so far:
1. Hot flashes. (My cheeks turn beet red and warm)
2. Dizziness (occasionally)
3. Dry mouth at night, and some insomnia
4. Slightly MORE energy
5. Clammy hands
6. Really stiff neck and back
...and my favorite one...*drumroll*....
7. Loss of appetite! I really haven't been as hungry today, and even when I am hungry, nothing really sounds good. Who knows, maybe I'll lose a pound on these pills.
I just hope this turns out to be a safe drug for me to take. While doing a G0ogle image search for 'femara' - one of the results was of a 'femara baby' and it was severely deformed. gulp. I really hope and pray that Femara doesn't do that to my (someday) baby.
But back to lighter subjects, how about that loss of appetite, eh? Me likey longtime.
Friday, December 5, 2008
Day 2 of Femara (Symptoms)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Well hopefully you will not be taking Femera when you are already pregnant. I imagine that the deformities come from taking the med when already pregnant....by the time you are pregnant the med isn't in your system anymore. It's just there to get your eggs all juicy and ready to pop on time. :) At least this is what my doc told me about Clomid and I imagine that Femera is much the same.
Femara can only (I believe) have those effects on a baby when it is taken during the pregnancy. I read the same thing and got worried, but as far as I know, the drug is used for other issues as well as ovulation, so someone could be taking it and be pregnant-which is a no-no. You should be fine! (Not that I am a doc...) I didn't have any of those side effects, so I guess it is different for everyone.
give me some of those Fermera pills, I need to lose a few pounds too!!
I'm jealous!! I did not have the loss of appetite on my first round of Femara. Maybe it was psychosomatic since I knew that was supposed to be a side effect. Reverse psychology or something. Here's hoping this round of Femara does more for you than just the appetite suppresant!!! i start my dose tomorrow. We can compare notes. Good luck!!!
Sorry to hear you are having such bad side effects, but at least ONE of them sounds to you liking, which is good. I agree with the others about the deformities, I think you only have to worry about that if you take it while pregnant.
Hang in there and I hope these do the trick for you!
And, symptom #8? hopefully:
6. BABY.
Post a Comment