In the past, I always got my first positive OPK on CD13. Well CD13 is here, I'm just starting to detect early-stage EWCM..but my stupid digital Clearblue OPK didn't detect a surge yet.
However, when I looked at the stick, I could see that the test line was starting to get darker (compared to last night). I know my surges are often fast and difficult to detect....now I'm not sure if this is actually a positive for me?? Or perhaps it's not a positive yet, but will be tonight.
I've taken your advice to test twice daily, which is a good idea. So tonight at 7pm I trigger. Tomorrow I have a 10:45am appt for IUI#1, then Tuesday at 9am is IUI#2.
All things considered....do you think I should move my Monday IUI to later in the afternoon, or keep the 10:45am? If I trigger tonight, tomorrow morning seems too soon. But then again...if my surge is juuuuuuuust starting this morning (but not enough to detect on an OPK), maybe tomorrow morning isn't so bad.
Ahhhhhhhh, this is so frustrating!!!!!! I'm one month back on the TTC train, and I already need therapy! :)
=====Update======
My RE let me change tomorrow's IUI to 2pm, and then I have my second IUI the next morning at 9am. Of course, no matter what I do - I always wonder if it's the right timing. I feel HELLA sharp pains on my left ovary, which freaks me out, thinking I'm ovulating right now. But I've still got creamy CM (sorry, TMI), which tells me I probably have another day before ovulation. Right?
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Still no smiley face???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I just went through this same list of questions for myself. It was so frustrating for me and I ended up just doing one IUI at 30 hrs post trigger. I know that no matter what I do though, I will always wonder if I should have done something else. I woke up to spotting this morning which never happens midcycle for me. I think it must be the Femara but let me know if you notice anything like that. I can't seem to find any one else taking it and I and I'd like to know how it is working for others.
Good luck with whatever you decide!
If you do 2 IUIs, 12 and 36 hours past trigger (or surge) is pretty much the norm, so your timing should be good. I hope the count is high, along with your spirit! (I know I've never commented before, but I do read and just wanted to add some encouragement and info after going through this process many times before).
Hey lady, looks like I rejoined blogland just in time to see you try again. Good luck, I'm hoping this is "the one". My thoughts are with you.
Hmmmmmm.... I have no idea about any of that BUT
i'm thinking about you ladies :)
Whenever we did 2 IUIs a cycle, we would do a trigger at night and then an IUI the next morning (12 hr post) and the second at 36 hrs post. There does not seem to be a magic number though and I KNOW how stressful the scheduling can be. Try to relax (hahaha) and know that you are not alone! Good luck!
The timing screws with your head every month, no matter how many tries you've had before.
What I've found from MY cycles, is that if I trigger, I NEVER ovulate the next day. Meaning all 5 of my IUI's I did were a complete waste of money and time.
Only when I demanded two back to back IUI's at 24 and 36 hours did I make the ovulation date (and got pregnant).
So, for me, I think you are fine. It's what I did. But we are all different with our bodies and I would supposed it also depends on if you are already surging on your own and maybe the trigger shot works faster.
Are they monitoring your E2 and LH to catch the surge in your blood?
That a good way to tell.
An LH of 15 is a natural surge.
I usually trigger when it's 6-7.
I hope this helps and doesn't confuse you more!
Post a Comment