I had my CD11 u/s today with my new doctor. As I predicted, CD11 was too early to trigger. Since this is my first month on Femara, we wanted to be careful, though, in case I ovulated early.
Doc said I have one big follie (17mm), and one medium sized one that didn't make it. She recommends I go to 5mg of Femara next month.
Here is the gameplan for the weekend:
Buy a digital OPK, and test Saturday and Sunday mornings (CD12-CD13). If I get a positive, they want me to come in for IUI#1 an hour later (too soon?), and IUI#2 the next morning.
If I don't get a positive OPK over the weekend, I will trigger Sunday night, then come in for IUI#1 on Monday morning, and IUI#2 on Tuesday morning.
Now it's just the waiting game! My worry right now - is that the OPK won't detect my surge (which has been the case in the past)...and I will miss my surge, and get two IUIs next week unknowingly too late.
Ah...all the TTC mindfocks are coming back to me now. How I missed thee. :)
Friday, December 12, 2008
Not quite ready yet...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
As for OPK, and you may be old hat at this but I am one who thinks the more info the better, are you doing after 10 am and twice a day opk's??
I would test at like 11 and 4 when I was doing OPK's otherwise I would likely miss it.
Another thing you can go that is VERY helpful is track your cervix, it will open when you are surging. I tracked mine visually with a mirror and speculum because feeling was never as accurate for me but it helped a ton.
Just some info.
GOOD LUCK!!!!
I wish you luck. My wife and I just recently decided that we will be trying to get pregnant. I'll be looking into the RE thing soon. Might ask for your advice on the local doctors and clinics, as we are located in downtown San Jose and I work in Cupertino.
Good luck to you! We will be thinking of you!
I will be thinking about you this weekend and I will send fertile vibes!!!! Good luck.
good luck with the surge! I have gotten different advice about the digital OPKs. Some REs even suggest that the good disposable kind are better than the pricey OPKs. Sooo, now HJ and I obsessively use both. Either way, wishing you good timing this attempt.... and a BFP.
Just a tip, I NEVER showed a surge on the clearblue easy fertility monitor and only one time EVER on the digital smiley OPKs. I had much better results with the Clearblue Easy Read with the lines because I could at least see that it was close. Also my surge is a very short window. The morning I got a positive OPK (and by positive I mean positive for me...the line was almost as dark as the control line), I insemmed right away at 7 am and I ovulated that evening and insemmed again the next morning although I don't think I needed the second one. I agree with Bleu to test twice a day. My evening reading at 6 pm-ish was always a much stronger positive than the morning test. Good luck this cycle. We are so crossing our fingers for you!
Post a Comment