Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Guess who arrived today???


Well no wonder I've been morose, constantly hungry, craving chocolate, and b*tchy! PMS! I was so worried I wasn't going to get my period this month, and lo and behold, Aunt Flo is HERE. (Seriously, I've never been so exited for my period to start)

I'm meeting my NEW RE on Thursday at noon, for my CD3 appt. New doctor, new donor, and new treatment (Femara). Now I just have to dust off my fertility monitor, start charting on FF, and remember how this whole TTC thing works again. I've forgotten so much!

Ew wait.....what exactly do they do on the CD3 doctor appt? I've never needed one, since I haven't taken Clomid/Femara before. They aren't gonna do an ultrasound, are they? Ewwwwwwwww, but I have my period! Tell me they don't do an ultrasound!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, I don't speak from personal experience, but based on blogs I've read, I think they do an ultrasound. Yeah.

But hooray for your period! You're going to be pregnant so very soon.

Unknown said...

They sure do do an ultrasound. I was so freaked out by that, but everyone here left such great comments. They told me it was no big deal, the techs do them all the time..etc. And everyone was right. It's super quick and not as messy as I expected!

Pufferfish said...

Oh yeah, needles and wanding are heading your way. They'll check your blood levels, E2, LH and FSH (maybe) and then do the ultrasound to see what's going on.
I always make them tell me what my antral follicle count is.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, they do an ultrasound. Bet they pick short straws for that job! It's not that bad actually and if you're really grossed out by the idea, you could try using a tampon on the way over there and just whip it out before the scan. Don't forget a pad or something for after though! Good luck.

Anonymous said...

When I saw the name of your post on my go.0gle reader I exclaimed YES outloud! I am so happy that this new cycle has finally started.

As for the will they won't they...They will definitely wand you. I've been wanded while on my period. It totally fine. The tech was very professional and it didn't take very long.

I always take the opportunity to ask the tech if I've she sees any corpus luteum and on which side to see if I O'd and from which side. This way I can see if my O pains were accurate.

I am very excited about this post-surgical journey! It seems like things are falling into place very nicely.

Heather said...

oh yes they do! Its a messy one! When laurie goes in for those, they line the floor with chucks...eww is right...

evangeline said...

yeah. it's a messy ultrasound just to make sure things are ok and there are no cysts. woooohoooooo! i'm so excited!

j.k-c. said...

With the RE probably an ultrasound....I didn't have ultra sounds, I got to have pelvic exams instead, checking for cysts. I never complained though because for some reason my insurance covered all these appointments. And they were never as bad as I thought they would be.
So excited that you are back on this TTC train!!!!

Jen said...

I too always had pelvic exams on day 1, not three. It was super gross, but I got used to it. (not necessarily a good thing, but reality of ttc) It will be fine! Congrats on aunt flo.

Heidi said...

Sorry, I've never had it but I've heard ultrasounds are there....but I've heard it isn't as bad as you think it would be!!!

Yeah for a new cycle!!!

The Amily Diaries said...

YAY for aunt flow arriving! It wont be long now..

Anonymous said...

I am on my first femara cycle this time too. I take them days 3-7 and I am on day 6 now. So far so good with the side affects, just a headache in the PM each day. Hopefully it will be good for you as well. Good luck!

PS- a friend of mine just took femara for the first time this month too and she got a BFP! Hope it works as well for the rest of us.