Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

IUI#2...now we wait

I had IUI#2 this morning at 9am. 13 million motile swimmers. (Turns out I read the report wrong yesterday; we had 13mm motile swimmers then, too). Still, that's almost 3x improvement over our last donor!

RE had trouble getting the catheter in today, I hope that doesn't mean I ovulated yesterday and my cervix closed up. (More mindfocks) Today is CD15, and the IUI was 38 hours post trigger. (Although I triggered 2 days later than normal) Doc said a released egg can be fertilized for 24 hours, but that doesn't sound right. I've heard it's more like 8 hours? What have you heard?

Now we just wait. I have a feeling this will be a really long TWW. I wish someone could just tell me now if I'm preggers.

8 comments:

bleu said...

I have always heard 24 hours for egg I believe.

Good luck, it sucks, the wait. I hope it goes fast for you!!

N said...

24 hours for the egg, that's when they say/believe/whatever it begins breaking down. They're much more sure of that than the sperm time, though -- that they really have no idea, other than fresh lasts longer than frozen.

nutella said...

Yep, 24 hrs is what I've alway heard. So it sounds like your timing was good for one IUI or the other. Hope the wait goes quickly for you!

evangeline said...

waiting........

(recovered from my thawing freakout yesterday hahahahaha)

Pufferfish said...

I go with everyone else here, 24 hours makes a good egg although it starts losing the goodness the closer to the 24 hour mark.
I think your timing sounds good, I know doing 2 back to back has made me feel better.
And now...the wait.
We're in one week of this together!

Jen said...

I too have heard 24 hours for an egg, but I think that is the max it can "survive." Good luck.

Merr said...

24 hours

Anonymous said...

Yep on the 24. That's what I've heard too.