It's funny what constitutes a "compliment" in the TTC world.
Today I had my CD3 appt. I've never had an ultrasound while on my period, so I was somewhat dreading this. (I managed to get some pretty bad IBS all morning, good times) This appt was with my new doctor, at a totally new facility.
They had me remove my, ahem, feminine products, and sit on a potty pad on the exam chair. I waited for 20 minutes, and kept praying she'd come in soon. She did, and the ultrasound wasn't too bad. I suppose they see that stuff every day, right? I go back on CD11 for a mid cycle ultrasound.
So here's the good and the "ok:"
The Good:
- She said my lining looks good, and my ovaries look beautiful
- She had me start Femara tonight. She asked if I wanted to start with 2.5 or 5mg, and I opted for 2.5mg. I first want to see how I respond. She said my odds of multiples go up 10% with 2 pills, so I figure no need to rush into it.
- She said if the timing is right with my IUI, my odds could be up to 15%!
- She got me a good deal on Ovidrel. I've been paying $100, since insurance won't cover it. She helped me use a Rx by mail program, and it's only $44, including FedEx shipping!
- I feel like I'm officially on the TTC wagon again!
Now here's the "OK:"
- Friggin timing! It looks like my IUIs will be next Sat and Sun. They are only open a few hours in the morning which means my IUI's will be 24 hours apart. My RE agreed that ideal timing is late afternoon for IUI#1, then morning for IUI#2. The weekend hours leave a high possibility that I might ovulate inbetween the two IUIs....but the egg will deteriorate before IUI #2. So this is the only thing right now I'm really bummed about.
Overall, though, I feel a strong sense of renewed hope. I go back next Friday for my ultrasound!
Now starts the Femara. I took my first one 3 hours ago, and already feel flushed cheeks. ha. Joy. :)
-
Thursday, December 4, 2008
"Your ovaries look beautiful"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Well, well! That's certainly more good than okay! I'm very excited for you. (BTW, we order drugs through Canadapharmacy dot com. But their Boddington's super expensive ($190 for a three week supply -- and that's the good price!) seizure medication. What we do for animals . . .
That all sounds super! You deserve some good news.
I wouldn't stress too much about the timing right now.
You're taking a new drug and things could be different. Hopefully it will come a little earlier or later.
Either way, there are plenty of reports of IUI's spaced 24 hours apart. Keep hope alive!
Beautiful ovaries are a great start!
Don't fret too much about the timing, our doc ONLY does IUIs at 24 and 28 hours post HCG and the average conception time for his clinic is 3.5 months (and hundreds of baby pictures lining his walls to prove success).
oh my, all about carrie's "undawears" this morning!
i'm excited!!!
How exciting! All good news!
Try not to worry about the IUI timing, my RE only does IUI's in the mornings on any given day. She says that this will give the best chance for conception because it should be about 24 hrs after your LH surge and right around the time you should ovulate. We will cross our fingers and hope for the best.
So glad the appointment went well!!
I think your timing will be fine...our doc's office only does one IUI per cycle. Our BFP cycle we did ours about 24 hours afer our first positive OPK. And it worked. :) So you never know....fingers crossed and I'm so glad you are back on the train.
That sounds like lovely news! I'm betting the timing is going to work out. This is going to be good!
Post a Comment