
We had our 11w1d OB appointment today. Some highlights:
1. I've gained about +6 pounds so far.
2. I'm considered somewhat high-risk because of my clotting issues, so I will be getting monthly growth scans with a perinatologist.
3. OB could not find heartbeat with the doppler - I was a little freaked out.
4. OB had us do an ultrasound to check for fetus - she said it would be abdominal, but like an old habit, I took all my pants/underwear off. HAHA. oops. We saw the baby, measured perfectly. It even waved at us. HB is 150.
5. Next week we do a nuchal screening.
6. Doc half-recommended an amnio because of my clotting issues, since they can cause defects. We'll see how the blood and nuchal results are and decide later.
7. Baby B is still there, still measures 8w3d. I wish it had shrunk down by now. The longer it stays that size, the later and perhaps more severe the bleeding/cramping could be. I just want it to go away now. It also adds a lot of tissue to my abdomen, meaning using a doppler will be very difficult for at least another month. Damn.
Ok, I posted a pic from today's scan. I must be paranoid, but I'm thinking two things. Does the head look normal? It looks HUGE! And does this kid have legs? I never see legs on any of the scans. I'm telling myself I'm just a spaz, and I'm sure the perinatologist will reassure me everything is fine.
Having said that, I also noticed the huge amount of....fluid? behind the baby's neck. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned at that mass. Did I mention the ultrasound technician had looked at me halfway through the scan and asked, "Are you going to get a nuchal scan?" Maybe she saw something, too?
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
11w1d
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
The head looks huge - AND normal. *G* Oddly enough, it's supposed to be like that right now. The babe is only just starting to grow out of the phase where the head is bigger than or the same size as the rest of the body. It looks SUPER strange for a while. But it is totally normal.
The legs are really hard to see that early in that side kind of scan - even later they are, too. They kept disappearing in our level II scan last week. In our nuchal scan (on our figment page), you can see how you can hardly see them - would only know they were there, b/c they did a view from the top and a view from the bottom, which made it easier to see. In that pic, you can also see that Figment had a huge white spot behind the head, too, but whatever it is isn't a concern, and our nuchal was totally fine.
I hope some of that is reassuring.
I'm glad you'll get such constant reassurance in the growth scans. I'm sorry about Baby B still being there, though. *hugs*
Buster's head looked exactly like that....they're funny looking this early on, so no worries!
What a strong heartbeat. I think it is great that you'll be getting monthly scans, so hopefully that will help calm any fears.
The head is still big at thispoint. I see legs!
That is one cute baby!!
It's your baby! Such a cute little picture.
OMG I was the same way! I was like "what on earth happened to my babies heads?" It's normal. I guess they all look strange at that age. In a few weeks he/she will start to look more like a human baby and less like an alien. =)
Look! It looks just like the baby over there in the bubble on your page! It's probably just how they develop. Try to relax, it's good for you and good for the baby. I know how hard it is...
I think this baby looks perfect and absolutely beautiful :)
yay for early baby pictures! I'm sure your doc will call back with tons of reassuring words for you.
Post a Comment