Ooo, I got my first zinger! Someone named "anonymous" just posted the most disgusting, mean-spirited comment to my last post. I debated removing it, but I decided to keep it up. Stacey, thank you for coming to my defense.
"Anonymous" felt the need to kick me when I'm down. I realize I'm in a dark place, but I am grieving the loss of half my pregnancy. I need to feel these feelings, in order for them to eventually pass. I am lucky to have, and scared for, Baby A...but I have every right to not feel like "celebrating" right now. And ps, I have pregnancy hormones that throw my emotions all over the map!
Whoever you are, if my blog offends you I hope you will bugger off. To the other 99.99% of you who've been my support network, don't worry - anonymous' post actually didn't get me down at all. The love you've all sent is like a protective shield from that kind of negativity. In fact, right now I'm realizing just how grateful I am for all of you, and that alone is lifting my spirits. :)
Sunday, September 13, 2009
"Anonymous"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



16 comments:
xoxooxoxo
I haven't gone to look at it yet - will in a minute - but you have EVERY right to feel however you may need to. I do wish you weren't so hard on yourself, but that is only a wish because I know just how much we can beat ourselves up over this.
Much love to you.
There are many stages of grief and you have to go through them all. I'm sad you have to deal with any of this, but I'm glad you're not glazing over and refusing to feel it's depths. Nothing good comes from running away. That being said, any woman who's gone through a miscarriage at any stage will have overwhelming feelings of guilt. "What if I hadn't mowed the lawn" "I knew not to carry such heavy groceries" "I should've been eating better" Having been diagnosed with all that you have gives you a more tangible reason to blame yourself, but doesn't necessarily make you any more accountable for what has happened. Please be easy on yourself as you walk through this journey of grief. Once again, you have a gaggle of PTSD buddies waiting with ears to listen, hands to hold and shoulders to cry on when you need them.
How hurtful. I was shocked when I read what they wrote. Hugs to you for having to deal with all you are going through while getting beat up in a place you use for healing and sharing.
no worries carrie, you should NEVER have to defend yourself on your own blog, its just so awful. you are doing an amazing job, we are proud of you! please take my advice on the previous post,. x
WOW!!! I just caught up on the last few blogs *and comments! I can't believe someone would write that! So sorry there are such A**holes who have nothing better to do than write mean things on your blog. Glad it didn't get you down. Hope you feel better soon.
Nasty, nasty, nasty!! I'm glad you let it just roll off you. You're right to save your energy and focus on what you need to do.
WTF, seriously? I am horrified. Glad you see it for what it is - utter bullshit.
Why do some people suck so much? We love you.
Carrie, I'm just catching up on your blog since Friday. I am sending you so much love and support right now. I can't imagine how you must be feeling.
We're here for you.
(P.S. - suck it, Anonymous.)
That stinks. It seems that we are having a national crisis of incivility-- sorry you were on the receivinig end, but because you posted we all now get to tell Anonymous where to put it. What utter crap. I'm sorry, and I hope you are feeling the redoubled love a support we're sending!
You're doing a great job dealing with all of this, and anyone who has lost a baby knows how you're feeling and that it is totally justified. You are a strong woman, and you'll make it to motherhood, no matter what. Also, go Becky for standing up for your woman!
girl i swear....
*putting on my brass knuckles*
anonymous is bringin' out the jersey in me!! (jersey love and support is demonstrated by threatening to kick ass)
anyone who doesnt have the balls (or ovaries) to identify themselves doesnt deserve to be listened to.
*big middle finger* to anonymous.
woah. anonymous is certainly NOT the choir of supportive voices that are out here for you, carrie. i'm glad you were able to let that negativity roll off of your back. besides, anonymous is OBVIOUSLY a HUGE dumbass who can't even spell WHINE correctly (please, "wine"???) i'm going to go whine about the number of idiots who spread hatred and judgment to people on the internet and can't even sign their name! your feelings are all justified. being pregnant and trying to get there are both such personal journeys...hope you are feeling the love from the 99.99% who are here for you!!!
SO glad to hear that you aren't letting this one hater get you down. You've been through a lot so far and are currently going through something few people have the mental and emotional stability to even try and tackle, let alone beat. Kudos for not letting the hate get the best of you and congrats on being the strong woman you already are. My best wishes too with your pregnancy and for baby A and your whole family.
I have been off the grid for a week and just came back to find this nastiness on your blog. What a c#nt and what a gutless judgemental little bitch to post that comment anonymously! Clearly this is someone who has not had to deal with this kind of journey themselves.
Your feelings about this are legitimate. No one can imagine how hard it is to loose a baby unless it has happened to them. You just keep saying what you want to say when you want to say it. This is your blog. The rest of us will be here to support you.
Post a Comment