Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 11, 2009

We lost Baby B. :(

We had our 8w4d ultrasound today. Baby A is measuring perfectly, with a 178 hb. When he panned over to Baby B, he said there was no heartbeat. Based on it's growth, it died yesterday. He said it's probably a chromosomal thing, but I feel like it's my clotting issue.

I had to go back to work, and luckily Becky was able to go home. She cried so hard when the doctor left the room, and it made me get strong. I tend to have delayed responses, so I will be grieving a lot this weekend. As freaked out as we were about twins, we were so attached to them. We already couldn't imagine life without the twins.

I believe everything happens for a reason, so I will trust in that. We are just terrified that we will lose Baby A now. Doc said there's a 5%-10% chance of losing Baby A, which is no more than the regular odds of m/c at 8 weeks. We have to stay strong for Baby A. I can't bear it if our 11w scan shows no hb. This will be a long 2.5 weeks.

We have a very emotional weekend ahead of us. :( It's amazing to me, how much of a loss we feel at 8 weeks. I had no idea it would be this hard.

I guess I should update my tickers. And get rid of our twin pregnancy books. And now I feel bad that we bought 2x of some blankets/clothes for our future kids. We we just so excited.

35 comments:

Pero-Luter said...

We are so sorry for your loss. Baby A's HB sounds great!!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss.I am sending love to the two of you and Baby A.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Take it easy this weekend, i am sure it will be rough but like you said, you still have to think of baby A. You are in my prayers this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Shit, I'm so, so sorry.

Don't beat yourself up over the excitement you had for twins. This is already hard enough. Think of the seconds you bought as great gifts for fellow new moms.

xos.

sandra said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

Schroedinger said...

I'm so sorry. I can imagine this is going to be a hard mix of emotions for you, grieving Baby B while celebrating Baby A. Sending you lots of support.
K

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. (((HUGS))) Do let yourself grieve and then stay positive for baby A!

jessie said...

Oh no I'm so sorry! Will be thinking about you guys this weekend. Do something good for yourselves

Briannon Lee said...

Sorry to hear about Baby B, look after each other this weekend. Big Hugs...

For the Long Haul said...

Just wanted to tell you how very sorry I am for your loss. There are no words but I wanted you both to know I am thinking about you. Hang in there!

Mina said...

I am so, so sorry for your loss.

Pufferfish said...

Oh my God, Carrie. I am so sorry to read this. I know how excited you were and I can't even imagine how hard this is.
My thoughts are with you and Becky this weekend, grieving for one baby while celebrating another.
xoxo

anofferingoflove said...

i am so, so sorry to read about your loss. sending love your way.

Robbie said...

I just can't believe it. I've been checking your blog religiously for updates. I am absolutely crushed for you. Know that you're in my thoughts...

Unknown said...

Lots of love to you.
xoxo

Stacey said...

fuck, thats so awful carrie and beck, we are so sorry. I dont know what else to say, having recently gone through our own loss we feel your pain. sending huge amounts of love.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. Be gentle with yourself. xo All my love.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. I understand how you feel about that baby and its loss and I wish you didn't have to experience it. Your baby A is going to be perfect and strong so don't worry about little him or her.

sending love

N said...

I'm so, so sorry.

Losses are never easy.

I know it doesn't help, but the situation that happened is quite common, with the surviving twin usually making it just fine. Sadly, I know of a handful of people who are pregnant right now who've had the same thing happen, and though I was hoping and praying that you would avoid the same fate, I hope you can take some hope in the fact that their pregnancies have otherwise progressed as normal.


Thinking of you.

Lizzie said...

Holding you in my heart.

Two Moms, Two Monkeys said...

Oh Carrie, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know how excited you were about twins and I just don't know what else to say other than I'm sorry, and you are in my thoughts. Take care of eachother.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear the news. I am also glad that baby a is growing perfectly! this is going to be one loved child! Stay strong. Sending hugs and strength your way!!!

Anonymous said...

sorry, sweets. sending you all our loves this weekend and beyond.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox shawnlanikyizkikogracienola

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. The same thing happened to the ladies at http://waitingformavis.wordpress.com/ if you are looking for someone who can relate.

vee said...

Oh, that's so sad. I'm really sorry.

Inlocoparentis said...

I'm so sorry. After having had a miscarriage at 10 weeks, I understand completely how you can get so attached. It's hard. My thoughts are with you both.

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so sorry. I know there is nothing anyone could say that would take the pain away, but you've got lots of people thinking about you both and Baby A. Take care of yourselves!

Jen said...

Oh Carrie...sorry that I just checked in and read. I wish I would have known earlier. I am so sorry for your loss and no matter what week you are, grieving is healthy and natural. Take care of each other this weekend and hold on tight to the love for A! You are still pregnant and still need to take care of yourself. Much love.

Sarah said...

This is the same time both my baby's heartbeats disappeared - second one confirmed chromosomal error, first not tested. Is there any way they can test it to see if it was genetic, so you have piece of mind that it wasn't anything that'll affect baby A? I'm so glad you transferred 2 so you have baby A to help you through the grieving. I'm going to do the same just cuz this seems to happen sooo often that they make it to 8-ish weeks then just stop. My prayers are with y'all.

Heidi said...

All my love. Stay Strong Baby A!!

dariasquirrel said...

so sorry to hear this news. i can only imagine the emotions your working through right now. so glad you have baby A and that you are still on the road to mommydom dispite this very sad loss. thinking of you and your partner. sending lots of strength and courage to you both.

CJ said...

It doesn't matter when it happens, it hurts. I am so sorry for your loss. Keeping my fingers crossed and my prayers going strong for Baby A!

Anonymous said...

I am so, so sorry for this loss. Sending you healing and thinking of you and baby A.

M said...

Oh no! I am so behind on blogs and I am so so sorry I didn't post condolences sooner.
How heartbreaking!

Praying baby A grows big and strong!